[mythtv-users] Re: MythPhone (and several other questions)

Tyler Drake pcjabber at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 02:20:12 UTC 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 09:59:00 -0500, Caleb Adams <caleb at edadams.net> wrote:
> Yeah about using the phone line connection for just mythphone intstead of using an IP connection (does this cost?).

VoIP doesn't cost unless you pay for a provider (Net2Phone is a
perfect example -- you can dial 800 #s for free, but you must pay for
PC-to-Phone.) FWD, the only server supported ATM has 'gateway' #s to
Net2Phone and other providers so you can make PC to Phone, rather than
PC to PC.

I don't think you can use a phone line with MythPhone. Sorry for
misinterpreting your question.

Also, RE: the replys, the best I can tell you is to get all messages
in full format, and set up new folders. Filter the mail into the
folders by using either the [mythtv-users] in all the "Users" list
mail subjects and [mythtv] in all the dev mail; OR by sorting by email
address. You must sort by "To:" Outlook, Outlook Express, MS Entourage
(Mac), and Mail.app (Mac) allow you to do this, as do Gmail and most
webmails. Dunno about others. The addresses are:
mythtv-users at mythtv.org for users, mythtv-dev at mythtv.org for dev and
mythtv-commits at mythtv.org for commits (CVS list). The latter two are
for developers, but the -dev list is nice to read to keep up on new
features ;-). remember, that you have to sort by the TO: line, not
FROM:!!  I use this method -- its the most foolproof! ;-)

Happy Mything,
--Tyler