[mythtv-users] Almost there

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 7 22:38:52 UTC 2004

On Thursday 07 October 2004 15:21, Matt Hannan wrote:
> >> Also, I am having issues with the msp3400-ivtv not loading on boot. I
> >> have to manually enter "modprobe msp3400-ivtv" every time I reboot.
> >> How can I get this to load automatically?
> >>
> >> Thanks for any and all help.
> >
> > Add a line to modprobe.conf like so:
> >
> > install ivtv /sbin/modprobe msp3400-ivtv; /sbin/modprobe
> > --ignore-install ivtv
> >
> > If you already have an install ivtv line (for lirc_i2c), you'll need
> > to combine the above with it, like so:
> >
> > install ivtv /sbin/modprobe msp3400-ivtv && /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c;
> > /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv
> >
> > Or something like that. I believe you could also simply move the v4l
> > msp3400 out of the way and rename the msp3400-ivtv module to msp3400.
>
> NG, good buddy. That borked things up nicely!
>
> Oct  7 09:59:40 wilbur modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command for
> ivtv Oct  7 09:59:40 wilbur modprobe: FATAL: Error running install command
> for ivtv Oct  7 09:59:51 wilbur modprobe: FATAL: Error running install
> command for ivtv
>
> This is the ivtv section of my modprobe.conf:
>
> #IVTV Section
> alias char-major-81 videodev
> alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
> #install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
> lirc_i2c install ivtv /sbin/modprobe msp3400-ivtv && /sbin/modprobe
> lirc_i2c; /sbin/modprobe D--ignore-install ivtv

Get that "D" out of there, it's probably what's mucking things up.

> The remarked line near the bottom is what I had before. Should I use
> that as a model and add in the msp3400 stuff, or am I just not getting
> what is happening here?

Not sure, try pulling the D first.

> Also, I think I like your idea about renaming msp3400.ko and symlinking
> msp3400-ivtv.ko to it.

Dunno if symlink would work or not. I'd rename msp3400.ko to msp3400-bttv.ko
and rename msp3400-ivtv.ko to msp3400.ko if you go that route.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...