[mythtv-users] Program Guide reads NO DATA

Kane Tse kanetse at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 18:57:49 UTC 2004

I have MythTV 0.16 installed.  Every night, when mythfilldatabase runs,
doesn't seem to have any data for specific channels.  Some channels are
fine.  But a specific set of about 30 channels always have "NO DATA".

I ran mythfilldatabase manually, but those channels were still missing
reading "NO DATA".

Then, I re-ran mythtvsetup and then cleared the channel data settings
and ran mythfilldatabase again, but it didn't work (same problem, same
channels missing data).

Then on Sunday (Oct 3), I ran a TRUNCATE TABLE PROGRAMS; on mythconverg
and then re-ran mythfilldatabase manually.  That worked; but of course,
it had to read TV listing data all over again (starting from Oct 3 to
Oct 15).  All the channels had listing data up to the end of the
schedule, which is October 15.

However, on Sunday night, when mythfilldatabase ran automated at night
to get the data for the October 16, the same problem reoccurred.
October 16 now has reads NO DATA only for that same set of channels.

As far as I can see, there are no error messages listed in my
/var/log/mythtv/mythfilldatabase.log file.

I went into the mySQL command-line interface and deleted all program
data from Oct 16 onwards; and then manually re-ran mythfilldatabase.
All the data is now there.

It seems like when mythfilldatabase runs automated, it doesn't load
program guide data for certain channels.  If you run it manually, it
loads data for "new" days, but doesn't go back to the previous days to
"fill-in" the missing data.

Any ideas?

Thanks!