[mythtv-users] Chaintech 7NIF2

Tim Sailer tps at buoy.com
Thu Oct 7 13:42:44 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 08:17:59AM -0500, Steve Frank wrote:
> mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org wrote:
> > On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 23:54:27 -0400, Tim Sailer <tps at buoy.com> wrote:
> >> If anyone has one of these beasties running both SVGA and SVIDEO,
> >> could you *please* post your XF86Config-4 file? I'm pulling out
> >> what's left of my hair. I finally have the X log file showing that
> >> it's configuring the TV-0 (using the TwinView "Clone"), but nothing
> >> shows up, either SVideo or Composite. If I understand right, nothing
> >> should have to be done to enable the TV part, right?
> >

> > Running both via TwinView is a bad idea.  The playback
> > quality on your TV will suffer a LOT because the playback
> > will be synced to the VGA head not the TV out head.
>
> I agree with Donavan. My biggest issue with Twinview was when a visible
> tearing on some video due to the timing issues.  I recommend you get it
> set up with one or the other and leave it.
>
> I pretty much set it up exactly as Jarod's guide says.

I finally have it set up working with both monitor and TV. The TV is the
2nd head. I think I can work with this. Thanks, everyone, for the help.
Now, the funny thing is, I went back to start messing around with the
remote again, to see if I can get it to work, and... it's working.
I did nothing. Sheesh. I've been messing with computers for 25+ years,
and sometimes they still surprise me.

MythTV Rocks! I think our 2 replaytvs are going to be used a lot less.

Tim