[mythtv-users] Suse 2.6.5 lockup

Neil Crane neilcrane at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:47:32 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've just installed Myth (0.16). My system consists of:

Shuttle SN41G2
512mb Crucial PC2700 memory
Athlon XP 1700+
WD 120 GB drive
VisionPlus DVB-T card
Suse 9.1 (w/ all patches)
Latest Nvidia driver for GeForce IGP

I'm experiencing lockup problems when I 'Watch TV' (black screen and
unresponsive keyboard) with the above system, *if* I use the latest
kernel 2.6.5(108?) update. It took me several hours to work out that
if I reverted to 2.6.4 using Yast, then all worked as expected. Using
the 2.6.8 kernel of the day didn't work (I couldn't successfully
modprobe the dvb-8xx and dst modules and have it function), though
that's probably because I'm missing something. I thought it could be
the Nvidia driver, but apparently not - it has the same problem
without it.

Has anyone seen anything similar?

Best wishes,

Neil