[mythtv-users] dmesg error or can I ignore this

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Oct 7 07:48:05 UTC 2004

On Oct 6, 2004, at 22:05, mark wrote:

> This is my output on the HAUP 250 card.  Is this normal or an issue:
> dmesg |grep ivtv
> ivtv: version 0.1.9 (release) loading
> ivtv: SGarray_size = 340, DSGarray_size = 16
> ivtv: Found an iTVC16 based chip
> tuner: chip found at addr 0xc2 i2c-bus ivtv i2c driver #0
> i2c-core.o: client [(tuner unset)] registered to adapter [ivtv i2c
> driver #0](pos. 0).
> saa7114.c: starting probe for adapter ivtv i2c driver #0 (0x10005)
> i2c-core.o: client [saa7115[0]] registered to adapter [ivtv i2c driver
> #0](pos. 1).
> i2c-core.o: client [MSP3445G-B8] registered to adapter [ivtv i2c
> driver #0](pos. 2).
> i2c-core.o: adapter ivtv i2c driver #0 registered as adapter 0.
> ivtv: Encoder revision: 0x02040011
> ivtv: Registered v4l2 device, minor 0
> ivtv: Registered v4l2 device, minor 32
> ivtv: Registered v4l2 device, minor 224
> ivtv: loaded
> i2c-core.o: client [Hauppauge IR] registered to adapter [ivtv i2c
> driver #0](pos. 3).
> ivtv: ivtv-api.c: unknown ioctl 0x803c7601
>

> Wondering about the unknown ioctl at the end.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Just trying to figure out why its not quite working.

As I said before, you probably have a card with a newer tuner, which
isn't supported by your kernel's tuner module (note the line in your
output that says tuner unset). Most likely, you'll need one of the
0.1.10pre2-ck ivtv drivers for your card to work correctly (ck100z with
patches for new tuners, aka ck100zz is a good place to start -- rpms
available on atrpms.net, or a tarball can be had w/a search of the ivtv
lists for ck100zz). Once again, I'd highly suggest searching the
mailing list archive here and for the ivtv list. The link to the
searchable Myth list archive is in my sig. The ivtv list archive can be
searched here: http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com