[mythtv-users] ivtv troubles with Jarod's howto

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Oct 6 21:31:10 UTC 2004

Fellow mythtvites,

I have been running MythTV for about 6 months or so, and decided that I
need more time to actually enjoy myth, so I redid my whole machine
(actually bought a new mobo and cpu for it) and I'm trying Jarod's guide
with the atrpms.  I was crusing along when I hit the ivtv stuff.  I'm
getting an error about not being able to do an apt-get on
kernel-module-ivtv-2.6.8-1.521.  apt-get reports there is no package
with this name.  I searched the archives, but didn't find any relevant
information.  I'm running FC2.  I've tried grabbing the ivtv stuff
(kernel worked) with at-bleeding, at-testing, at-good and at-stable, all
with the same result.  Is this package missing, or do I need to move to
a newer kernel?

Thanks,
Paul