[mythtv-users] PVR-250 audio problem

Chris Davis chrismd at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 19:56:01 UTC 2004

After looking around on the list for a while I determined that the
card to buy was the Hauppage PVR 250, as I wanted to avoid any
incompatibility issues. Unfortunately, I've not been so lucky. I can
get video coming in fine using the ivtv drivers, but I can get no
audio. I have tried using btaudio, but it does not create an extra
/dev/dsp device as it should if it detects the appropriate hardware.
I've noticed that the btaudio driver will only work with msp34xx
chips, and my card appears (From dmesg output) to be using the saa7115
driver, not the msp34xx. My pvr250 card has no audio output jack,
otherwise I'd just go from the audio out to my soundcard's line in...
is there any hope? Did I spend $120 on a useless card? I appreciate
any advice you can give.

I've tried the most recent 2.4 and 2.6 kernels, and all of the
recommendations on the ivtv faq.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!
Chris

(ps. anybody want a gmail invite? I have 6)
--
(c)