[mythtv-users] gyration wireless mini k/b?

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Wed Oct 6 10:39:24 UTC 2004

Christopher Holmes wrote:
> My remote didn't have enough buttons to program all the functions I
> wanted.  As I got more familiar with the user interface, I found I
> wanted more and more functions on the remote until I ran out :(  It's
> nice to be able to reach for the keyboard when I want to be a power
> user.

I'm using
http://skybuy.sky.com/addToBasket2.asp?STR=SKYBUY,70SKYACC,701REM,,SA0011,,2013,,,,,&qty=1

It's a remote control with PVR type buttons, AND a normal keyboard
underneath. It's a bit bulky but works fine with lirc.

Only caveat is that something in Myth is converting the lower-case
characters that the keyboard part can send (It has a shift key that
changes the codes sent by the letters) are getting translated internally
somewhere between the remote and Myth to uppercase.

Cheers,

Allan.