[mythtv-users] gyration wireless mini k/b?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 6 01:09:34 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 11:46, James Meyer wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 October 2004 09:15 pm, wmunson at rochester.rr.com wrote:
> > I use the keyboard and mouse. They work great as long as your distro
> > finds them. I cannot use them with KnoppixMyth as that POS needs a real
> > keyboard attached just to boot.

The keyboard not working should be more of a BIOS issue than a distro issue. I
would have to assume that you can't change kernels at your grub prompt, but
FC2 is picking up and enabling the USB keyboard and mouse after loading the
kernel and usb drivers. Why KnoppMyth isn't, I don't know.

> I also use the gryation wirless mouse + keyboard.  It works great AND it
> works with knoppmyth from at least Knoppmyth r4v2.

These keyboards should work with any distro if usb keyboard legacy support is
enabled in the bios (though in rare cases *cough, Tyan* you can have problems
if you enable this).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com