[mythtv-users] increased recording priority for "new" episodes?

Adam Berson adam at adamberson.com
Wed Oct 6 00:59:08 UTC 2004

I'm wondering if there is a way to assign higher recording priority to
"new" episodes.  I can't find anything.

What I'm basically trying to replicate here is similar to
3-thumbs-upping something on tivo, but also having a season pass
(forgive the tivo references - I'm a recent convert)

For example, let's say I'd like to always have a few episodes of South
Park to watch if nothing else is on - but it's not crucial if they
record.  On the otherhand, I'd like to make SURE I record the NEW South
Park episodes - maybe even not let them expire.  I can't seem to make 2
separate recording schedules, unless one of them is a manual recording.

[What follows is some thoughts as to how this could be done if it's not
already, not sure if it's OT for this list or not]

I was thinking of different ways to resolve this...
  a) allow multiple recording schedules of the same show (so I can
assign lower priority to the reruns)
  b) add a specific priority adjustment under the general priority
settings for "new" airings of shows

One advantage to option A is that I could also assign a different
recording profile to the non-crucial recordings, since I care less about
them.  Going right along with that, if I could assign different
priorities to different recording profiles, it would even be automatic.

Following this one step further, what about deletion priority?  Right
now the only option I see for "autoexpire method" is "oldest first" -
but I'd much rather delete those old low-priority recordings of South
Park before I delete something with a high priority - is priority-based
autoexpire in the works?

Adam