[mythtv-users] New machine, transferring over

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 00:34:59 UTC 2004

I hope this is as easy as it sounds in my head.  I'm waiting on my CPU
to arrive from newegg before putting together a dedicated MythTv
machine in the living room.  I've already resized the video partition
to take up just 150 out of my 200 gigs and I've made a partition for
the music I'm going to make it serve.  I left about 15 gigs for system
and a small user file space for my wife.  What I'm going to have to do
is take the hard drive and the capture card out of my current machine
and put them into the new machine.

Here's my plan:

Install Linux fresh.
Install MythTV on the new machine from the source I have running on
this machine.
Mount the video partition in the same place (/home/video) as it's mounted now
Copy the database over
Follow the steps to change the hostname
Change the settings for the master server in setup

It seems like it should be easy.  Anyone spot any glaring stupidity?

--Ryan