[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and Transcoding

David Smith djs98052 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 13:36:00 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm running MythTV 0.16 and to save some space, I've tried to
transcode some of the files to a lower bitrate.  It seems that once
they're transcoded, I can't play them back through the PVR-350 TV-Out.

I'm guessing this is expected since the hardware encoder probably
can't handle the lower bitrate or maybe the formatting.  Are there any
settings I can change so the transcoded file will be playable?

If this incompatibility is the case, how can I transcode the file back
to a format and bitrate compatible with the PVR-350?

Thanks,

-Dave