[mythtv-users] PVR350 tv out slow or no sound

gretchen at gretchenann.com gretchen at gretchenann.com
Tue Oct 5 00:04:41 EDT 2004

> Your sound card settings are incorrect.  You need to specify the
> appropriate source for the "CAPTUR."  Search the archives for more
> information.
>
> Mike

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I've experimented with
alsamixer and my Capture volume was turned way down so I fixed that.
However, still no sound when playing recordings.  I then went through and
tried different CAPTUR settings.  It was set to Line (as I think it's
supposed to be) and I've tried Aux and Mic first of all and when I
couldn't get them to work I went through and set CAPTUR to each setting it
could possibly be one by one.  None of them worked, unless I am testing
wrong.  (Set settings, exit alsamixer, try play recording)
As this is for tv out on a 350 all the testing directions saying to use
xawtv don't apply.  How do I find out what CAPTUR supposed to be set at?
It's a SoundBlaster Live! 5.1  Everything on the list said Line should
work.

Right now I'm set at
Master unmuted 71% volume
Line CAPTUR muted 100% volume
Capture CAPTUR (alsamixer won't let me mute) 100% volume

Is that the problem should Capture also be muted???

Gretchen