[mythtv-users] MythTV only on CRT?

Matt Hannan matthew.j.hannan at verizon.net
Tue Oct 5 02:55:51 UTC 2004

Am I missing something here?
Does MythTV REQUIRE a TV?
Can't I set it up to display ONLY on a CRT?
And if so, can I keep my 1600x1200 resolution and just watch Myth in a
window?

Or, do I HAVE to have a TV?

In either case, can someone help me with my xorg.conf?

I have been looking all day, but it seems I am heading in the exact
opposite direction as everyone else in respect to how I want to run
MythTV.  I had it running last year on Myth1.4 and RH9 and I miss it
something fierce. My room mate and I moved and she will not let me run
cables all over this apt. :-(
I have since upgraded this computer to an Abit NF7-S v2, 3200+ Athlon
(Barton), and FC2.
I was wicked happy to see this afternoon that Jarod (sp? forgive me,
sir) had posted FC2 install docs.

Anyway, here are my details:
MythTV1.6
PVR-350
geForce4MX400 (have S-Video working with a beater TV now)
19" Samsung CRT

But, seriously, can't I just watch TV on my monitor?
I am trying to simplify things, you know.

Thanks,
Matt