[mythtv-users] Slow changing channels with PVR-250

Ejay Hire ejay.hire at isdn.net
Mon Oct 4 19:18:02 EDT 2004

I appreciate all the replies.  I had to try, this is one of
the wife-acceptability features.

Unrelated, I just finished record/transcoding my last VHS
tape.  Off they go into the garage.  Now what am I going to
do with all the extra space in the entertainment center?
Perhaps a terabyte disk array? Hmmm.

-ejay

Schlomo Schapiro
> Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 2:28 PM
> To: Discussion about mythtv
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Slow changing channels with
PVR-250

> Hi,
>
> it is a feature, as the others told you already. My 2c
about
> this would be
> that watching live TV is usually a waste of time and if
you
> are zapping,
> you just prove it for the moment :-)
>
> I watch 99% recorded stuff, the mostly only exclusion
beeing
> news (and
> that seldomly).
>
> What makes it very confusing though, is to use a VCR with
> myth as the VCR
> menu and display info comes also 2 seconds late ...
>
> Regards,
> Schlomo
>
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Ejay Hire wrote:
>
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I'm running 0.15, and when I change channels on LiveTV,
> there is a 1-2
> > second delay between pushing the button and the change.

> > Kind of annoying when I'm channel surfing.  Is this
normal?