[mythtv-users] performance and missing channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 4 19:04:00 EDT 2004

On 10/04/2004 06:34 PM, Tilman Kispersky wrote:

> Scanning /var/log/messages for any pattern like: START INIT IVTV
> gives nothing, maybe because debug=1??
> but here is some other ivtv related output in /var/log/messages:

OK.  That's because you are using ivtv-0.1.9 (not debug level).  How
about posting the output of:

modprobe tveeprom
dmesg | grep tuner

> I'll go ahead and install the latest ivtv driver. Is that sufficient
> or do
> I need to patch the kernel as well?

You probably need a kernel patch.  The output I request above will tell
us for sure.

> How should my modules.conf look after this? What should I set tuner
> type=?

Only the lines:

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

And you wouldn't set a tuner type with an ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ckXXX
release.  Post the output from modprobing tveeprom, and I'll send you
some options for getting support for your tuner.

Mike