[mythtv-users] PVR350 tv out slow or no sound

Gretchen Dziengel gretchen at gretchenann.com
Mon Oct 4 18:28:29 EDT 2004

I installed mythtv on my 'new' machine over the weekend.  I finally got
my husband convinced the pvr350 was worth it.  I installed from
Knoppmyth and after some tweaking almost everything is working smoothly.
My problem is that when I play recordings on the tv, they are choppy.
So I searched and found I was supposed to check the box to use the
PVR350 out.  I did so and found that the recording played
smoothly--without sound.

I've recompiled my ivtv drivers more than once and replaced the
msp3400.o file.  I've checked permissions and everything seems to be ok.

Everything works great when viewing on the monitor, this only happens on
the tv out.

I have a Pentium 4 2.4GHz processor with 1G RAM.
Sound is running from pvr350 to sound card and soundcard to speakers.
I'm connecting to the tv through S-Video.
config files available at request

I just want a smooth picture with sound....

Gretchen