[mythtv-users] Athlon XP -> Athlon XP-M

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Mon Oct 4 15:25:48 EDT 2004

Hi,

> There is an article on Toms HW Guide about modding an athlon XP into a
> mobile athon (XP-M):
> http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20041001/index.html
>
> This allows changing of cpu speed and core voltage programatically on
> the fly. If it works, I assume linux should support it as I believe
> linux supports real moby XP's through cpufreq.
>
> Should be of interest to all the myth'ers out there!

I was considering this, not because I want to underclock my cpu, but
because I would like to be able to dynamically scale the frequency based
on load.

I have since found cpufreq-nforce2: http://www.hasw.net/linux/, which
does not seem to require modification to the bridges on the cpu.
Does anyone have experience with cpufreqd in combination with mythtv?

Kind regards,

Mark