[mythtv-users] jumpy playback (not suttering)

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Mon Oct 4 15:09:31 EDT 2004

Roger.M.Little at mchsi.com wrote:
> I am noticing a jumpy (but consistent)
> framerate when watching fast moving programs such as auto racing.
[snip]
> Nothing seems to help except for using
> Bob (double framerate) deinterlacing, but I don't like the effect it has on the
> OSD text.

Bob is currently the only way to get 60 Hz framerate out of Myth on
interlaced NTSC material.  The other deinterlace methods all display at
30 Hz.  I agree it looks jumpy on fast motion; that's why I wrote bob.

If you don't like the way the OSD looks with bob, I'm sure a patch would
be welcome :-)

-Doug