[mythtv-users] Athlon XP -> Athlon XP-M

Anthony Vito anthony.vito at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 14:15:44 EDT 2004

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 08:54:11 -0400 (EDT), Cory Papenfuss
<papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu> wrote:

>         Sounds interesting, but somehow I doubt my dual athlon setup would
> allow me to play with the speeds as well.  I've already hacked my XP
> 2400's into MP-capable.  It would be nice if I could change CPU speed on
> the fly as well.
>
>         Anyone ever been successful with XP-M's on an SMP box?

 I have never tried XP-M's on my dual board. However, I can tell you
exactly what you need to run them. Because there is no FID coming from
the chip ( with bridges ) you would need to set the bridges manually
to the multipler you wanted, or use a device to intercept these pins.
This http://www.anthonyvito.com/PKlabel.jpg is one such device. I've
used a pair of them to overclock the chips on my Dual Athlon in the
past, and I also recently used one to enable the use of a mobile chip
on a Abit-VA10 uATX mainboard that lacked multiplier settings in the
BIOS.

 As a side note. My dual board is the old Thunder K7, not the MPX
chipset, so I didn't have to worry about changing anything to run dual
XP's  :)  I love that system, liquid cooled and running for years now.

--
Anthony Vito
anthony.vito at gmail.com