[mythtv-users] new MoBo, new noise

Tim Sailer tps at buoy.com
Mon Oct 4 10:47:02 EDT 2004

I got fed up with the lockups on my Soyo MoBo (VIA based), and got
the Chaintech that a few people had good luck with. Well, everything
runs real well now (except the 250 remote, but that's another problem),
but now, I have a fairly loud buzzing noise in the speakers that seems
to be related to interrupts. I had first thought it was the internal
sound chips, so I installed the SB Live card, and, as soon as I plug
speakers into either (builtin or SB) of the speaker jacks, the buzzing
shows up. If I pull the network cable, it goes away, mostly. Load on
the disk drives make it buzz in time to the HDD LED.

Any clues on this, it not being related directly to MythTV?

Tim