[mythtv-users] MythTV freeze on Epia with Fedora Core 2

Micah Wedemeyer fanmail at micah-wedemeyer.net
Mon Oct 4 10:43:41 EDT 2004

This isn't really a question, but more of a possible solution to a not-well-
documented problem I was having.  I wanted to send it out to the list so that
it gets archived and maybe it will help someone else.

My Epia was freezing after between 10-30 minutes of using MythTV.  At first I
thought it was overheating, but now I'm pretty sure it's due to ACPI settings.

To fix it, I set ACPI in the BIOS to S1&S3  Supposedly, this hands control
over to the OS.  Then I boot the kernel with "acpi=off noacpi" (without
quotes) in the kernel boot line (in /boot/grub/grub.conf).

Note: I haven't tested this a lot yet, so maybe it didn't fix my problem.
However, my box has been running for 12 hours now when before it never made it
past 1.5

My setup:
Epia MII-10k (Nehemiah)
Fedora Core 2 kernel 2.6.8-1.521 (or something close)
PVR-250

Some keywords to hopefully help this message get flagged during searches:
freeze
freezing
crash
acpi