[mythtv-users] OT: How to convert VOB to NUV

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Mon Oct 4 09:01:11 EDT 2004

What I'm trying to do is create a "reference standard" recording that
can be added to my recordings directory and
used as a known good video/audio reference and be used to adjust
frontend settings without having to worry
about affects of backend recorder settings.

Jarod Wilson wrote:

>On Friday 01 October 2004 15:22, Donavan Stanley wrote:
>

>>On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:09:24 -0500, Michael J. Lynch <mlynch at gcom.com>
>>

>wrote:
>

>>>This is pretty much off topic but I was hoping someone would be so kind
>>>as to point me in the right direction.  I want to convert one or more
>>>VOB files from DVD rips to the NUV format used by Myth.  Does anyone
>>>know how or have any suggestions on how to do this.  Thanks.
>>>

>>Why would you want to do that?  Myth is perfectly capable of playing
>>the vob file.
>>

>The only thing I can think is perhaps he wants to compress the files so they
>don't take up some much hard drive space, in which case, he should just fire
>up transcode (or any of the myriad of apps apps that use it on the back end).
>Personally, I use dvd::rip for most of my DVD ripping, going DVD to vob on
>disk, then transcode to xvid or ffmpeg mpeg4. For stuff already on disk, I
>generally use avidemux2.

Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown