[mythtv-users] Audio Problems

nate s nate.strickland at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 02:52:56 EDT 2004

I haven't used the gui you're using, but I may be able to help with alsamixer.

I'll need some more info about your setup to give a complete answer,
but for the moment I'll assume that you're using a capture card with a
loopback to the audigy.

Also, note that you'll want to use the line input rather than the mic input.

when you start alsamixer, you'll need to tell it which card with
'alsamixer -c #' where # is the number of the card you want to adjust.
 open up your audigy, (it'll say at the top if you don't know which is
which.)  then go over to the line input, and space to turn capture on.
 It should now have a red thing over the top.  now hit M to mute it,
and it should say M at the top.  then go over to capture and do the
same.

hope that helped.

-Nate