[mythtv-users] Bluetooth Question

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Sun Oct 3 15:17:52 EDT 2004

Colin Smillie wrote:
> I don't really use any BT devices myself but I have read about several
> home office boxes that use BT.  From what I've seen you can sync your
> personal information with the box and some models claim to let you
> call-out using VoIP over BT.  I think the idea is that your BT phone
> or headset connects to the set-top box when you come home.  I'm
> assuming this is done for a cost-saving compared to using the GSM/GPRS
> network.

I tested BT on RH9 when I first got my T68i. I wanted to play with it :-) I
found an app that would show the phone's CID on screen when a call came in.
I also got Multisync running to sync my phone to evolution. I'm sure I
could've used the serial port provided by BT to go online.

It'd be really cool if there could be a BT module for MythTV, or maybe a
multisync module which let you see the sync status. Something that could
interact with MythPhone and MythMail (hint hint) for an addressbook would be
even cooler :-)

The bluetooth subsystem on the redhat fedora line should work (I think it's
BlueZ). At least, it works as of RH9, I can only imagine it still works on FC2.
			-peace