[mythtv-users] X freezing after short time (using PVR-350/ivtv-fb)

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Oct 3 15:12:48 EDT 2004

On Saturday 02 October 2004 20:56, Andrew Plumb wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> So close!  Yet so far...
>
> I'm running FC2 kernel 2.6.8-1.521 with the latest ck100zz kernel
> modules and related packages from atrpms.  X starts up OK on the
> PVR-350 output, but after a minute or two the machine freezes hard.
> The mythbackend appears to be recording without any problems; I can
> cat a .nuv file to /dev/video16 and watch and hear the output.  It's
> not the mythfrontend because the freeze-up happens when I log-in as a
> different, non-myth user.

I haven't tried logging in as a different user, but the logged in user
shouldn't matter.

> It's an Epia M10K...  Could someone with a working Epia M10K+PVR350
> setup, running this kernel+module combo, share their
> /etc/modprobe.conf and /etc/X11/xorg.conf so we can compare notes?  Is
> there anything in the bios I should (not) be doing with respect to
> memory usage, etc?

Didn't do anything special here, and my M10k w/350 seems to be pretty stable.
The xorg.conf I'm using is posted up on my web site (save two small changes
-- PCI bus ID of the 350 and frame-buffer number). My modprobe.conf matches
up exactly with what I've got posted in my Myth/FC2 doc.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...