[mythtv-users] myth-setup question

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Sat Oct 2 19:27:50 EDT 2004

Albert Ulmer wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 12:10:15 +0100, Allan Stirling
> <dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org> wrote:
>
>>Scanning is a bit different for DVB - You can't just treat it like an
>>analog tuner. You need the dvb-apps package and within that there's dvbscan.
>
> OK, I managed to adapt one of the samples (de-Berlin) provided with
> dvbscan to the information given to me by my cable provider. I now
> have a channel.conf in my home directory and would like to feed them
> to MythTV.
>
> How can I accomplish that? Can I use mythfilldatabase or is there some
> conversion neede beforehand?

The steps I think you need to do (please, anyone else jump in here) are:
1. mythfilldatabase with your country grabber to get your channels set up.
2. Go to http://cvs.mythtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/
and get mythtv/contrib/channels.conf-import.pl
(Sorry - CVS web access is not working for me at the moment for some
reason, so I can't check the full path)

3. chmod 755 channels.conf-import.pl

3. Edit channels.conf-import.pl to set the import file type or pass it
the right command line arguments (-t (tzap), -s (szap), -c (czap), etc).

4. Run ./channels.conf-import.pl

Good luck!

Cheers,

Allan.