[mythtv-users] Stuck on Channel 4

Todd Tidwell artist at wildstar.net
Sat Oct 2 08:39:44 EDT 2004

Dan,

I had a very similar problem on my setup with two PVR-250s. It turned out
that it happened immediately after reboots of the entire system.  I solved
it by restarting mythbackend short-term and finally found that my
modprobe.conf needed these lines to be sure they started correctly and that
mythbackend could use them properly when it first initialized.

alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv

(you would, of course want to add a third)
alias char-major-81-2 ivtv

Give that a shot.

-Todd