[mythtv-users] UK xmltv grabber is working again!

Charlie Brej brejc8 at vu.a.la
Sat Oct 2 07:34:05 EDT 2004

Julian Edwards wrote:
> Just did an apt-get upgrade and noticed the xmltv grabbers were
> updated.  I had a quick look at the tv_grab_uk_rt code and noticed it's
> been re-written to use a real xml feed from the Radio Times website.
>
> We now get a real feed with a full blown categories, actors, the lot,
> AND it only takes a few minutes to download.  Yay!
>
> Big kudos to all the xmltv folks and the Radio Times for getting this
> working.

RadioTimes have been great about this. They cut off the last grabber by
rejecting the user agent IDs. I thought this is it, and I'm gonna have to look
for a new grabber. But they instead gave us access to their raw files e.g.
http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/channels.dat
http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/45.dat

You may notice the data is all in one big lump for the next 14 days so you only
need to fetch it once.
You may have to change the lines in your daily grab cron job from letting
mythfilldatabase decide which days to fetch to just importing the the file
(otherwise it will fetch the same data several times).

/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --update --graboptions "--slow --get-categories"&

/usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt --config-file /root/.mythtv/uk_rt.xmltv\

--
         Charlie Brej
APT Group, Dept. Computer Science, University of Manchester