[mythtv-users] myth-setup question

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Sat Oct 2 07:10:15 EDT 2004

Albert Ulmer wrote:
> So I now have a frontend and MythTV can see my card properly as the
> DVB-c device it is. Next I'd like to scan for channels, but xawtv and
> scantv won't work, exiting saying that the "device has no tuner".
>
> Are there other tools I can try?

Scanning is a bit different for DVB - You can't just treat it like an
analog tuner. You need the dvb-apps package and within that there's dvbscan.

You need to tell it an initial frequency to tune to (to find an initial
transponder) then it should dump all your channels to channels.conf.

[root at stb ~/dvb-apps/util/scan]#
./dvbscan ./dvb-t/uk-BlackHill >channels.conf