[mythtv-users] no sound with ivtv

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 1 18:56:03 EDT 2004

On Friday 01 October 2004 15:31, KvB wrote:
> Hi,

Hello. One quick thing before getting started w/a reply... Please don't reply
to another message and change the subject to start a new thread. Create a new
email. Otherwise, you screw up the threading. Thank you.

> I installed FC2 and mythtv today using Jarod's guide... but I too had
> problems with installing MythTV, as suggested somewhere in this list I set
> my sources list to at-bleeding and it installed (at-testing returned an
> error with dependecies and msp3400.o) but now I have no sound! And as Jarod
> suggested I tried removing the original msp3400.o BUT there wasn't any,
> maybe this could be the problem? I'm fairly new to all this, any
> suggestions?

This has been addressed just today on the list. There was a v4l snapshot that
contained some msp3400 code that won't work on a 2.6.8 kernel, which you most
likely have installed right now. A new build is now available on ATrpms, so
with at-bleeding enabled:

# apt-get update
# apt-get install kernel-module-video4linux video4linux

You should end up with a v4l snapshot version w/a 20040910 date string.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...