[mythtv-users] lirc0.6.6 could not reset tty error

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 1 18:06:26 EDT 2004

On Friday 01 October 2004 09:02, Don Brown wrote:
> Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > On Thursday 30 September 2004 18:56, Don Brown wrote:
> >> All work working and then I had to screw it up somehow - man, I
> >> gotta stop playing around "improving" things.
[snip]
> > What version number is showing up w/that CVS build? You might be
> > better off grabbing a recent 0.7.0pre snapshot off the lirc site.
> > Some kernel stuff might have changed that broke the version you had
> > laying around.
>
> I grabbed lirc-0.7.0.pre6, compiled it, make'd it, etc.
>
> All is great again!
>
> Thanks!  My Wife thanks you.  My kids thank you.

:-)

> You know, I started installing mythtv just for a fun project - to learn
> about linux, etc.  However, it ended up fundamentally changing the way
> we watch tv, and when you have to go without it, even for a short while,
> you realize how fantasic a project (or collection of projects as it turns
> out), it is.

I second that. Just started out as something neat to play with, now I can't
stand live TV anymore. Didn't exactly expect to put quite so many hours back
into this project, but that in itself is a statement of how much I like it.

> Thanks to the many primary contibutors, the other developers, and this list
> for a great collection of software.

Most definitely. I especially love how well my system works with both high-def
and standard-def stuff (the xrandr additions rock), so some especially big
thanks from me for all the work in that area. :-)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...