[mythtv-users] problem selecting quality in CD import

John Andersen jsa at video.homelinux.org
Fri Oct 1 16:15:17 EDT 2004

On Friday 01 October 2004 11:51, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> On Friday 01 October 2004 15:09, John Andersen wrote:
> > On Friday 01 October 2004 10:48, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> > > All keybindings are generally configurable via MythWeb (under
> > > 'Settings').  The 'Global' context would apply to the CD ripping
> > > screen, I believe.  If you didn't know that, then I'm guessing you
> > > haven't changed them, and the defaults should work just fine...
> >
> > Thanks...  (Mythweb seems an odd place to set these, is there
> > not another place (text file or something - I seem to remember
> > selecting one specific to my remote control).
>
> You might be confusing Myth's keybindings with your LIRC configuration.
>
> It goes like this:
>
> 1. /etc/lircd.conf: maps IR remote codes -> LIRC remote key strings
> 2. ~/.mythtv/lircrc: maps LIRC remote key strings -> LIRC config strings
> 3. myth LIRC processing: maps LIRC config strings to Qt key codes
> 4. myth UI processing: maps Qt key codes -> myth UI actions
>
> Changing the keybindings in MythWeb only changes item #4.
>
> > At least two of us have found that there is a problem
> > with this specific area of mythmusic (setting quality - or more
> > specifically, getting out of the quality fields).
>
> I just checked my setup (running CVS from 9/13) and it's working just
> fine.  I'm not saying that you're not experiencing a problem, but it's
> more likely something to do with your Qt version or your keyboard
> configuration than with Myth itself.

Thanks Joseph...
Can you check one thing for me on your installation
In mythmusic, when you select Import CD (rip), you arrive at a
screen where you can select rip quality...

What key (keyboard) do you need to press to select a quality, such
as medium?  For me its left/right arrows.

Then, what key (again keyboard) do you use to get down to the
Import button?  (For me its TAB, but no remote control button
seems to be mapped to tab.)

NOTE: On my setup when entering Import CD, I arrive at this screen and hit UP
Arrow I  can navigate thru the fields.  BUT once I navigate into the Quality
settings, I am stuck there, and up/down arrow fail to work,  Only tab works.

So I'm trying to track down if the problem is failure to have the
Tab key mapped thru lirc to a remote control key, or there
is something wrong with the interface that prevents the normal up/down
arrows from working if you ever enter the settings for quality.

(classic interface).

--