[mythtv-users] Samba causing Mythtv Problems

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Fri Oct 1 15:11:29 EDT 2004

mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> On Friday 01 October 2004 07:54, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
>> Do you have a wierless network?
>
> Torbjörn:
> I wonder why you asked  Jeff that question?
> I am planning to access my backend via a wireless network
> in the future, and I wonder if you predict some problems?

Well, i don't have any wireless network myself, but if i remeber correctly
ther's been some talk about problems that might have something to do with
wireless networks.
Not sure if they're fixe now.

And it migth be intresting to know if the problems he was having coud be
related to wireless network.

A while back when i was coding on the network stuff in the windows filters
for mythtv (there was some problems that had to fix) i looked a bit at how
mythtv sends data over the network.
If mythtv coudn't send data over the network fast enough it woud print a
message like he got.
It coud be caused by slow network or by the reciving end not reading fast
enough, the later one was the problem i was trying to fix in the windows
filters.

But it's been a while since i looked at that part of the mythtv code, so
things coud have changed.
I saw a commit recently that looked like it had something to do with the
network part. There was also a discussion on the developer list.