[mythtv-users] 21" monitor in place of TV?

Josiah Royse jroyse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 14:50:29 EDT 2004

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 19:15:09 +0200, Milos Prudek <prudek at bvx.cz> wrote:
> So I did a little test. I placed my 17" inch, 4 year old monitor side by
> side with a small, 15-year old (!!) TV, and it was a shock! While my 17"
> monitor has a way sharper, crisper image than my TV, it was no use.
> Horrible glare and reflections destroyed the whole image.

I wonder if desktop monitors are sheilded better than TVs in general-
to protect from intense electromagnetic waves at close range.  Or is
it that a desktop monitor has a higher DPI than a TV (basically color
dots) and limits the light output from having many, smaller holes for
light versus a TV having fewer, larger holes in the mask/screen for
pixels.

--Josiah