[mythtv-users] Remote control confusion

Bill Smith xs8501981 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 13:41:28 EDT 2004

Yes, I am using ~/.mythtv/lircrc. Thanks, -Bill Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004
13:39:11 -0500 From: Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net>
Subject: Re:
[mythtv-users] Remote control confusion To: Discussion
about mythtv
<mythtv-users at mythtv.org> Message-ID:
<415C52CF.8040801 at dls.net>
format=flowed Bill Smith
wrote:

>>Hello all,
>>
>>My apologies if this is the wrong forum for this
>>question (I'm sure I'll
>>be corrected if it is...). I have mythtv 0.16 w/
LIRC
>>support set up on
>>Fedora Core 2 w/ a Kworld TV878RF. Everything is up
>>and running, but the
>>behavior of the Kworld remote in mythtv is strange.
>>see in irw that
>>LIRC is working and receiving the signals, but
mythtv
>>responds
>>differently to the keyboard than to the remote
buttons
>>mapped to the
>>same commands. I've tried modifying the config file,
>>but the results
>>have been the same.
>>
>>Thanks for any suggestions in advance...

Just to be sure, are you modifying the LIRC file in
~/.mythtv/lircrc and
not the ~/.lircrc for the user that runs MythTV?
MythTV does not use
the same config file that regular LIRC apps use.

Kevin