[mythtv-users] OT: MythTV Advocate Gets Big Anti-DMCA Win

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 11:11:05 EDT 2004

Just wanted to point out to everyone that Wendy Seltzer of EFF, who is
responsible for getting EFF to support development of HDTV on MythTV,
got a BIG win recently against Diebold for misusing the DMCA.  See
http://www.wired.com/news/evote/0,2645,65173,00.html.

As an IP lawyer whose handiwork occasionally appears on Wendy's
"Chilling Effects" website (http://www.chillingeffects.org/), I may
not always see eye to eye with her in my professional capacity, but
personally I believe this decision was a good one, and has helped to
restore some balance to copyright law.  Congratulations Wendy!!

George