[mythtv-users] Help debugging mythtranscode segfaults

Bill Thomas wthomas at wstsoft.com
Fri Oct 1 10:41:16 EDT 2004

Can anybody provide some helpful steps in troublshooting a
mythtranscode problem?

I have mythtranscode set to automatically transcode recordings from
mpeg2 into xvid after the recording stops.  However, it seems that
mythtranscode is segfaulting partway through the recordings from my
WINTV250pvr.  There are no log entries describing what or why the
transcode failed and the .tmp file is left until mythbackend restarts.

I have tried turning on logging -v all but do not see any log entries
that would explain why it is falling down and crashing.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can find out what is wrong
or how to fix the problem?

System:
Mandrake Linux 10
MythTV 0.16