[mythtv-users] My ffmpeg nuvexport module so far

Jonathan Markevich mythtv at jonandtina.net
Tue Nov 30 20:32:58 UTC 2004

Michael J. Lynch wrote:

> So...is this the hack that makes nuvexport run fast?  I'm a noob, so
> if that's what
> this is, what do I do with it?  Just copy it to where the other
> "xxxx.pl" export
> scripts are?  Is there anything else that needs to be done, like
> modifying the
> nuvexport script?  Sorry about the obviously basic questions but I
> want to
> export recordings at a decent rate and have about 10 minutes worth of
> experience
> with perl and/or nuvexport.

Well, strictly speaking, it was a hack when I told you how to change the
files yourself.  This is a "code submission" ;)

Seriously, this should be placed in /usr/local/share/nuvexport/export
with the other .pm modules that are in the latest (Nov 2) nuvexport.
Then you have to tweak nuvexport to see it... something like:

joe `which nuvexport`

Page down to line 34.  Towards the end copy a set of those lines and
adjust them, you will be adding the following lines:

    use export::MPG;
        push @Exporters, export::MPG->new;

Then Ctrl-KX and try it out.  Again, the size is a red herring,  it
shouldn't matter what you type in.

If you don't have the latest ffmpeg the first transcoding step will take
something like 10 seconds (meaning it failed), and say 0 of 0 frames.
If all went well you should see some sweet better-than-realtime encoding.