[mythtv-users] Manual record/stop

spectro spectro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 05:01:09 UTC 2004

I've been wondering about plain old VCR functions too. If you hit R at
9:55 myth will stop recording at 10 because the programming is got
stored ends there. It would be cool to have a way to manual schedule
from live tv, the way you would do with a VCR (just record this for
the next two hours)

The problem with using "cat /dev/video0 > tmp/test_capture.mpg" is
that I would like to use edit mode to remove commercial breaks. I have
a ton of tennis matches on VHS tapes and mythcommflag works great
getting the breaks right when I capture these.