[mythtv-users] Building lirc on 2.6.9

Jonathan Markevich mythtv at jonandtina.net
Tue Nov 30 03:50:26 UTC 2004

I'm having a really tough time building lirc on 2.6.9.  I was unable to
run both my wireless network card and bttv on any other kernel so far.
Now I've conquered those, I can't rebuild lirc -- and more importantly,
the ledxmit modules to power my ESR JetEye...

I tried checking out the CVS version but it won't build.  I think my
(formerly KnoppMyth R4V5) system is still set up to look at 2.4.25-chw
kernel includes...

The build starts its failure by complaining it can't find
linux/version.h, then goes on to other include files...

 From what I understand, I'm not to touch /usr/include, ever.  I have
kernel source that matches my running kernel installed in /usr/src, and
I also have kernel headers available there, but the "linux" symlink is
pointing to the full source (I think I'm supposed to do that).

What else do I need to do to get this compiled?

Thanks very much.