[mythtv-users] nuvexport to DVD does not work

e394td at comcast.net e394td at comcast.net
Tue Nov 30 00:44:47 UTC 2004

> I had the same problem a while ago. I believed I solved it by
> installing the mjpegtools package from apt. Use the command:
> apt-get install mjpegtools
>
> This installs a few libraries that transcode uses to encode mpeg-2
> files. I have no idea why this is not a co-dependency of transcode or
> even an optional install when installing transcode, but it is not.
>
> The reason why transcode is failing is because it is calling
> mpeg2enc(mpg2enc?) and since it can't find it, transcode stalls out.

I am having the same problem, and posted a similar question today.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled both transcode and mjpegtools via apt (FC1, atrpms), but I'm still missing some libaries (namely, /usr/lib/transcode/export_mp2enc.so).  Isn't export_mp2enc.so supposed to come with mjpegtools?

Here is the transcode error I'm getting when trying to nuvexport a show in VCD-level quality:

[transcode] warning : /usr/lib/transcode/export_mp2enc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[transcode] warning : (dl_loader.c) loading "/usr/lib/transcode/export_mp2enc.so" failed
[transcode] warning : (encoder.c) loading audio export module failed
[transcode] warning : failed to init export modules
[transcode] critical: plug-in initialization failed
--Mike