[mythtv-users] mythfrontend keeps increasing pcm capture volume no matter what

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Nov 29 22:14:04 UTC 2004

On Monday 29 November 2004 11:52, John H. wrote:
> that won't do it, as mentioned, I do not have internal
> mixer enabled.  I need only the PCM CAPTURE setting to
> be left alone, not PCM period, and even though i have
> internal mixer disabled, mythfrontend ups pcm capture
> AND pcm to 100% on startup.

Sorry, didn't read carefully enough. Can't help ya there. I presume that's a
dumb capture card, i.e. one that requires a loopback cable to get audio into
your system... I wasn't aware Myth did anything with the PCM CAPTURE levels,
but I haven't played with anything but a PVR-x50 or HD-x000 in ages.

Ah, wait, I had a thought... Yup, just double-checked, there's a check box for
"Do not adjust volume" in the setup util when you're first configuring your
capture card(s), which pertains directly to audio capture. Maybe that needs
to be checked?

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com