[mythtv-users] nvidia driver issue with custom kernel

Rich yahoo.rich at bladeracing.com
Mon Nov 29 20:53:48 UTC 2004

Sorry about that Steve I should have put this in my post.
Hopefully this URL comes through correctly.  If not go to nVIDIAs web site
-> support -> search "Linux - Configuring AGP"
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=149&p_created=1100107993&p_sid=tF7U9Lrh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MzImcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1zZWFyY2hfZm5sJnBfcHJvZF9sdmwxPSZwX2NhdF9sdmwxPSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PUxpbnV4IEFHUA**&p_li=

I ultimately ended up using this -
xorg.conf
Option "NvAgp" "1"

Setting the AGP Rate in the nVIDIA driver
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1.run --extract-only
force AGP Rate to 4x (Details in the FAQ)

ALSO: After following this gibberish I followed the FAQ db "Preferred
motherboard BIOS settings"
After flashing the mother board with the latest BIOS and resetting, the
Graphics Aperture Size was set to 64MB so I change this to 128MB as
recommended.
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=78&p_created=1097619611&p_sid=tF7U9Lrh&p_lva=149&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjkmcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1zZWFyY2hfZm5sJnBfcHJvZF9sdmwxPSZwX2NhdF9sdmwxPSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PUxpbnV4IEJJT1M*&p_li=

This seems to have corrected the X process taking 100% CPU at random.

Rich