[mythtv-users] New hauppauge remote and menu navigation

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Nov 29 16:33:56 UTC 2004

>>> mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org 11/29/2004 10:41:06 AM >>>
>

>> That was not his point. His question was not how to set it up, but
if
>> it's possible to assign
>> functions to switch directly to specific menus (Watch Video, Listen
>> Music, Watch TV, ...) to certain
>> buttons on the remote, a question I had asked myself in the past
too.

>> My point so far was "no". But maybe some of the more enlightened
readers
>> of this list will point out a way
>> to accomplish this.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>                Dennis Oelkers
>>

>Yes you can.
>Setup a keybinding for the function you want (you can do this using
>mythweb) and then assing a remote button to that keybinding in your
>lircrc file.
>
>Steven

>From looking at the remote, I can't tell if this is a multi-function
remote
or works as some have suggested.  I would be inclined to think that
the buttons don't actually send an IR code, they just switch the
functionality of the existing buttons on the remote to match the
button (TV channel up/down sends different codes than
Picture up/down).  This is the case with another remote I
have, where the TV, CD, DVD and AUX buttons don't send IR at all.
If that is the case, remapping those buttons won't do anything.

Paul