[mythtv-users] Fedora Myth(TV)ology turns 3

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Nov 29 10:16:50 UTC 2004

On Nov 28, 2004, at 5:58 AM, mark wrote:

> Looks great.  How did you get around the MythDVD issues on FC3?  As i
> recall, there was not a MythDVD rpm a couple of weeks back.

There's a MythDVD package now, though one of its dependencies,
transcode, is still missing, but I grabbed that from freshrpms. Its all
in there. :-)

> Did you upgrade your FC2 to FC3?   Or fresh install?

For this round, fresh install. I've successfully upgraded an FC2 box to
FC3, but not a Myth box (yet).

> I don't suppose you are using LVM on that eh?  Just wondering how FC2
> - 3 upgrade goes when using LVM? ( if you or anyone knows )

Not on the box I upgraded, no. I'll have that to overcome with both my
backend systems though.

> No other problems with running FC3 yet?

I haven't really had the time beyond going through the installation
process to really beat on it yet, but no problems I couldn't
overcome... (Whether I properly documented how to overcome everything
just yet is another story :-).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com