[mythtv-users] Xine & alsa.spdif + passtrough

Tomi Makinen makinen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 20:31:36 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have been reading atleast most of the posts about alsa and spdif.
I am using FC1 with jarods guide, but I have lost my DD & DTS sounds.
Is the xine that comes with apt-get compiled with alsa support ?
What happens always is that, I get strange sounds from analog output
when I try to use passthrough mode. I have intel 865 mobo and I use its
soundcard. If I use the digitalsound howto and use the long .asoundrc I get
all the sounds from spdif, but it is always mixed to 2 channels. Atleast
my amp shows that it is PCM and prologic is used.

Anyone got ideas how to configure Xine to give DVD sounds to spdif ?
I would like that all the sounds would come from spdif, but it is not a must
thing.

- McIne -