[mythtv-users] Crash watching LiveTV or Recording

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 10:15:34 UTC 2004

I have been developing my Myth box for a while, but have been
switching it off after use each day.  Last night I set the resolution
of the my desktop to 1024x768 (or whatever) and tried to use Myth, but
it crashed on watching live TV.  I put it down to an issue with the
resolution.

Tonight I tried on 800x600, which was working fine last week, but
again I got the crash twice.  It causes a total lock up so I have to
reset the box.

Anyways I managed to start up the frontend in the terminal and capture
the error message being dumped (typed out as I couldn't copy and paste
due to the total lock up):

>Using XV Port 54
>X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter authority) 8
>Major opcode 142
>Minor opcode 14
>Resource Id: 0x1b7
>Couldn't get color ke color and we need it

Searches of the Web and mailing list have been unfruitfil.  I have not
changed anything that I can remember so I can't understand this
problem.

Any ideas?

Dave
--