[mythtv-users] Frontend crashing on Gentoo after 15.1->16 upgrade

Kevin Barsby kevin.barsby at hummingbird-it.com
Sat Nov 27 01:32:28 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've had a pretty stable system on 15.1, but finally decided to upgrade
to .16 for the new features.

Everything seems ok apart from watching TV and recordings crashes the
frontend (and occasionally the system).

System is:
Gentoo - kernel 2.4.25-epia2-r2
ivtv - 0.1.9-r3 (Although I don't think this is the problem)
via epia M10000mb tv-out is through MB s-video using via binary drivers

Given it was stable before the upgrade, I'm loathe to start tweaking the
drivers unless required, I've seen varied 0.16 problems in the archives,
but nothing that definitely points to a solution.

So, before I go and start pulling around what was a happy system or
recompile to get a backtrace, has anyone else some across this problem
and found a simple solution?

Thanks in advance
Kevin